Okay, so my "latte factor" was what I was spending on my nails....over $50 every 2 weeks! There's no reason I can't take the buffer to my nails, smooth them and then do a coat of natural polish on them...and I am totally capable of doing my own toes!Also, I fired the lawn people and have the boy down the street doing the lawn for $15 per mow...and I call him when I want him to do it...saving at least $50 per month that way....And I rarely get a latte at the store...and by not eating out so much, I have lost 10 lbs so far this year...
What's your latte factor? Please post back so we can be interactive!
by kikikat
4/24/07
Delete
1 – 1 of 1
Saturday, April 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
So my latte factor is probably bottled water, orange juice, and/or diet coke. Every day I drink one of the three, sometimes two. And i usually purchase them from school or from the market down the block. Now if i was smart and just used my nalgene bottle and filled it up with water before I left home (because we use the brita filter its not like its gross water), I wouldn't have to purchase a $2.00 bottle of water. Or if i did the same thing and purchased a big $4.00 carton of OJ that would last me a week instead of paying $3.50 for a 16ounce bottle everyother day, I think I would be much better off. Or even the diet coke. I pay 80cents of a can at school or the market but im sure that if i went to the store and bought a 12 pack and brought my own with me it would be cheaper. I never really thought about it like this. And I am definitly going to be bringing my own drinks with me from now on!
Like heather my latte factor consisted on purchases I make at school that I can just bring from home myself. My weekday class scedule is pretty packed that I typically will go to a vending machine on my way to another class and by a bar or a bag of chips to munch on so i can have energy to keep going. I looked at it as a dollar and spare change here and there, but I guess my "here and there" attitude was more frequent that I thought. Those $1.50 purchasesadd up!
It's finals right now, and when I'm in the library, instead of runnign down to the groudn floor to spend 1.50 on a snack, or $2 for a drink(multiple times of course, finals studyign takes a while). I bring drink from home and pack myself some snacks. I carry aroudn a sandwhich sized bag of dry cereal to munch on, taht's a $2.50 BOX of cereal that last a while vs. my $1.50 vending snack!!
Well, my latte factor is getting a coffee and bagel each morning on my way to work. I have started purchasing a bag of bagels from the grocery store and a tub of cream cheese so I can make it at work. I also love flavored coffee so I buy the flavored cream and drink the coffee from work.
A bunch of us at work always go out for lunch and that was getting very expensive. I have started packing my lunch which saves me money and I am eating much healthier which is great too.
I am surprised how much I am able to save by just cutting out those couple of things!!
My latte factor is food from the vending machine at school. I usually dont eat breakfast so im really hungry buy third period so i buy a snack which cost about $1 then when its lunch time a spend around $1. So i am spending roughly around $10 a week on food! My allowence is only $40 a week so im basically spending all my money on food. After figuring this out i have stopped buying food at lunch and i have started eating breakfast
so i wont be that hungry later on. Know if only i could stop going to the movies every weekend but thats another problem to deal with and another day.
----> Carly
Ok...I think I have FINALLY figured out this site! :) My latte factor is definitely dining out WAY too much, pedi's, and Starbucks! When I go grocery shopping each Sunday, I save so much money because I end up eating at home instead of getting take out or going out with friends. Pedicures add up so fast! Starbucks...well, you know how that works! Each one is like $5! $5 a day adds up. So, I have started to make my own Starbucks at home. You get about a month's worth out of a $9 bag! Saving at least $135 a month. :)
Post a Comment